I upgraded a clients UniVerse this week. All went well, except UniAdmin stopped working.

This was on MS-Windows 2000 server.

The message was that ‘No RPC Connection active’.

Well, I checked the RPC process. It was being started and was actually running.

As I was running UniAdmin on the server, I switched to my desktop PC – but alas, same problem.

ODBC was working, which I could not understand. So the problem must be with UniAdmin. UniAdmin is actually a java-based application, so I decided to upgrade to the latest client software – 10.1B. Problem went away.

So, the lesson here is always upgrade to the client software which comes with the server software. They may be a matching set!